Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Our First week

I am a menu queen! I seriously LOVE menus and schedules and lists...... You could totally call me addicted! If I make a list or menu and it gets messy, I rewrite it!! Yes, I am that ridiculous. Making menus and lists make my life so much easier! So I sat down and looked through the three cookbooks I have and made a menu, except breakfast. That one was a little hard for me. But we will get there.

Here is a link to the first menu and grocery list...

Keep in mind that I am feeding 9 people. My meals are BIG!! I rarely have left overs. If we do it is saved for hubby's lunch the next day. I do have on there to use any left over meat and put into a soup. Hopefully I will have some left!

My goal was to eat pretty basic for breakfast and lunch. Then use easy and low ingredient recipes from the books for dinner. So far the kids are loving everything I am making!! I actually have a kiddo who doesn't eat veggies scarfing down meals that are shocking all of us!!

Breakfast usually consists of eggs, veggies, or a meat. I always have coffee, at least 2 cups each day. I also always put collagen into my coffee, this is protien and so very good for you.

Lunch I do 2 days of meat and cheese on pita bread with salad, one day is black beans and rice from Briana thomas, Pasta or Zoodles with sauce, and Good grub.

Sunday we always have a roast or ham in the aftrernoon after church.

Dinner we are trying:

Little Sweet Little Spicy drummies with fried cabbage and spinach (kids eat rice and pineapple)
Chili Verde with Cheese and Sour cream
Egg Roll in Bowl part duex with brown rice
Burger Bombs with salad and buttered veggies
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken with pita and salad
Chicken Casserole with salad
Banging Ranch drummie, fried veggies (kids eat pineapple and rice)
Red Chili with baked tortilla chips
Egg Roll in Bowl (first book) with brown rice
Meat loaf from Briana Thomas, buttered veggies and salad
Totally Dope Chicken with salad and pita
Grandma's chicken Soup

So far we have tried The Little sweet spicy drummies...YUMMY!!!!! My family LOVED these!!
Little Miss Eat anything!
Mr. Picky Eater

Mr. Content with life

We also tried Good grub from the New Trim healthy table!! I have NO pictures of this. The kids gobbled it down so fast! Mr. Picky LOVED this meal so much!! It will now go on the rotation for weekly! We all agreed it would be great for breakfast! Instead of ground turkey or chicken, use sausage!! Add a couple of eggs with it. YUMMY!!!

We are all excited and doing well for the last two days. I am just thankful that my family is happy with this. I do plan to make some THM desserts soon, hoping they like them!

Lots of Love,
Big Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment