Saturday, September 17, 2016

Update as of Sept 17, 2016

Hey there everyone!

I apologize it's been a very long time since I have posted here. I truly had every intention of making great menus and posting them for all to use! Then Thyroidectomy came into my life. I had surgery on July 14. After surgery I had some issues. I am still struggling with my parathyroids to start working. In the midst of recovering from surgery our church had it's annual VBS. It's basically a week long kids camp. My hubby and I run it and boy was that fun and exhausting. Then we went straight into school planning and home school. My plan was to get menus done and ready before school started again. My body had other plans.

I do plan to get menus out and posted. I have to be honest though, I have not been THM since surgery. I lost the groove I was in. We also had some financial changes so money is much tighter than before. So if I am going to do THM I can't do it the way I was. I have to do it much less and I am not sure how to do that. I want to though!! I seriously want to make it work on my small budget and show that THM is possible on little money and not using all the extra things or special ingredients. I do use gentle sweet for coffee and other things. But I am back to baking breads, biscuits, scones, and muffins for breakfast. Those are not good for THM!! Yikes!! All the carbs and fats, hello!!

I do want to say that there are other blogs out there that are wonderfully helpful!! Check these ladies out! They have some wonderful recipes, helps, and little tips you may benefit from.

Darcie has some wonderful recipes and menus.
Brianna has great recipes and just printed a cookbook!!! You go Bri!!
Sarah over at Mrs. Criddles Kitchen also has some wonderful recipes!


So, I basically need to figure all this out....again. Thank you for all your patience! I am working on it. I am also homeschooling 7 children. So time is something I am limited on!

God Bless,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment