Saturday, January 20, 2018

Delay in Posting

I apologize for my delay in posting. I had wanted to add a new menu, but time hasn't allowed it. There has also arisen another issue. One of the reasons I stopped THM the last time was due to the IBS flare up I had. Many on-plan foods that I was eating daily caused me horrible discomfort. I went to my GI dr back then and he suggested the issue was my diet. I was not happy! I had finally found something that worked to help me lose weight and many other health benefits. I couldn't believe it! How could all these foods that are sooo good for me be causing me trouble? I was very frustrated and quit... Sad, but the truth. One thing I have learned is that we need to be truthful to our reasons for failing, not make excuses. At that time the dr told me to look into the FODMAP diet. I took the info, read it, but felt defeated. Then finances got rough and I had to forget about all that anyway and just eat as cheap as possible.

Praise GOD I always wanted to come back to THM. I knew it was good and worked. I would always say "when I can afford it again." Well, I can afford it again. I can't do all the special stuff, but really you do not need it. I have been dabbling in the plan since Thanksgiving, but fully on plan since Jan. I am losing weight again. But...the pain, cramps, and etc started again. I assumed last time it was just the sweeteners and cabbage I was eating that caused it all. So I wasn't doing that this time. Still, pain. This week has been almost unbearable at times. I have IBS, and boy was it letting me know it was irritable!! I'd rather just not eat than feel like this.

I got in touch with a friend who talked about the FODMAP diet recently. She did it and it changed her life! In case you are curious about it you can read about it all right here. It really makes sense and described what was happening to myself. BUT, it also described most of my family! So reading about all this I started to feel discouraged and defeated again. I said NO! I can do both. There are many foods on there that are on plan! I can and WILL figure this out.

So, since we still have groceries that I recently bought, we are going to finish those up. My plan is that Feb 1 we are going to start our 3-week strict diet. After that, we will slowly add things back in. the question...Will I still be doing THM? YES YES YES! It can be done. If my menus or groceries seem odd for a bit, that is why.

I wanted to post about it in case there are any other ladies or families dealing with GI issues. our family always has. I have told my hubby for years that I know the health issues without family stem from what we are eating. We have eaten gf off and on for years. It's always best when we do. But I understand why we feel better when gf now. For us our body doesn't break it down and so it goes to the large intestine and gets fermented. So, when we stay away from all gluten, we heal up some. If we eat a little it doesn't bother us, but after a while, it gets worse and worse. Why? Fermentation doesn't happen immediately! It takes time. So over time more and more gluten gets fermented and the worse we feel.

If you wonder about yourself or your family, do some research. It really is worth a shot!!
Thanks for reading,
Big Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment