Monday, January 8, 2018

Update of our First Week

So we have been working through Trim Healthy Mama for a week or so now. I posted a menu for what we did. Let's just say we didn't stick by it completely. We ended up with a snow day so hubby was home. That was great but we vegged and ate cookies.. oops. Ha ha ha One thing about THM is the ladies teach Food Freedom!! Making not so bad for you cookies, but not on plan, isn't the worst thing that you can do. It's life, and that is what makes THM so awesome! This isn't a diet that rules you, you use the food ideas to help you on your health journey.

So, a review of our first week and Trim Healthy Table, the newest cookbook. My family is loving each meal I have made so far!! I have to tell you that I have found the BEST and most versatile meal in this new cookbook!! GOOD GRUB!!!! It is the BESTEST ever!!! I have made it the way the cookbook says, but I have also made it with breakfast sausage and served it with fried eggs!! Yummo! It tastes like hash! Part of it may be the Cauli rice I bought. IDK, but my children and hubby LOVE this meal. My Mr. Picky adores it!! He is actually requesting it daily!!! My little Miss who hated tortillas love this in a low carb tortilla! I am so thankful!!

We also really really liked the Little Sweet and Little Spicy chicken legs. Oh those were amazing. We love Bangin' Ranch Drummies, so this didn't surprise me. We also tried Burger Bombs. I was a tad naughty and added a square of mozzarella to each of them. Oh! that was delicious! I also made the Chili Verde. We all enjoyed that one as well. Can't say it was a favorite but one to eat every once in a  while. Over the weekend I made Crockpot Buffalo chicken. WOW! Spicy spicy spicy! I even used 1 cup of frank's red hot sauce! My son who LOVES spicy food and can take heat was shocked by how spicy it was. We all did enjoy it though. One that I will for sure be making again.

Also, for snacks you will see I have popcorn on there. I do eat air popped popcorn. I spritz it with some butter spray stuff and shake nutritional yeast, salt, and sometimes spicy stuff! Very yummy!

I also tried the WWBB! It was ok, but definitely not a sub for white bread. Personally I will try it again and use for grilled cheese or french toast. It will be something I need to play with and see if I can make work for me.

So that is my update for now! I do plan to write more as soon as I am able!!

In Christ,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment