Friday, April 8, 2016

It's Started...

April 8, 2016... I started blogging. Today. My thought was that I have 4 to 8 menus made, including a Fuel Cycle Week, maybe I could share them and be a blessing. Then I thought "On FB? No, there must be an easier and more efficient way." I thought of Gwen's Blog. Her's is so nice and professional, along with others I have seen. Could I really do this? Could I attempt it at least? 

I know what it is like to be a newbie!! I still am. I am learning still. But, the LORD helped me to understand things due to all the folks who answered my questions! He also gave me a gift for organization when it comes to this stuff. I just get it. Not sure why, but I do. He tells us to use our talents and gifts to help others. So this will be my feeble attempt to do that. I am not trying to a fancy blog like Gwen's, Mrs. Criddles, or even the Coers Family. They are beautifully done and well managed. I am just a mom trying to help other moms get their feet wet in THM and not be too overwhelmed. 

Yes, you need to read THM. You need to study it out to understand it. You need to try new things and see what you like and don't like. You need to buy the cookbook! Trust me on this one!! It was my life saver!! I literally went through it and marked every page with a sticky note that I wanted to make! Then I centered my meals around the dinners. There is no rhyme or reason to my menus. What I mean is I take Serene and Pearl's approach, not hyper scheduling s-meals or e-meals. It's just what I felt worked for my budget and appetite. 

My menus will feature THM meals for the three in my family doing THM, but it will also feature the normal meal plan for non THM kiddos in the house. I say non but really they are still THM but able to do lots of crossovers and eat "off" plan so to speak!

As I go along I will post ideas and tips I learn. I really just want to be a blessing and a help to others. Hopefully it will encourage you to learn the ropes more and make better choices for yourself and your family!!

God Bless, 
Robin

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like me! Thank you!!!

    Here's to feeding ourselves in a better way :)

    ReplyDelete