Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Fuel Cycle Week

Since I have already posted this on the FB page and many ladies are now asking for it, I decided to post the Fuel Cycle Week Menu first. I am hoping that this will work this way. For this one it will just be the pictures that you need to print up. There is no grocery list as of yet. It is just pictures of my FCW, Fuel Cycle Week, that I am currently doing. I want to tell you about it a little first!

I took it from the FCW in the Big book from THM. From what I have learned today the new book has it slightly different. In the old version you will see, on my menu, that a FCW is:
Day 1- Deep S
Day 2- Deep S
Day 3- Deep S
Day 4- Fuel Pull
Day 5- Fuel Pull
Day 6- E-meal
Day 7- E-meal

In the newer version you take Day 3- Deep S and move it to the end of the week. So it then works out to be
2 days Deep S
2 days FP
2 Days E-meal
1 day Deep S

Hope that helps with any confusion.

This is NOT how to start the THM plan! This is only to be used when you hit a plateau in weight, struggle with weight loss, or if you really feel it is needed for you. My hubby and I chose to do it for our own reasons. I say that because it is HARD!!! There are absolutely NO carbs, except veggies, for the first 2 to 3 days. Then it's no full fats or full carbs for 2 days. Then low fats... We are just starting our FP day tomorrow. We are both struggling with this. But I am glad we did it!!So is my scientist hubby! I will post my little tid bits of advice for a Fuel Cycle Week in another post later this week. I just wanted to get this up and posted for those who have asked.

So, here is the menu




As I post more I will repost this as a printable PDF. I have so much to learn!! 

God Bless, 
Robin

11 comments:

  1. Why do you say NOT to start this way?? I'm totally new and really appreciate you posting these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Fuel Cycle is for someone who has been on plan and has given their bodies time become accustomed to this way of eating, but they are at a platue and need a "system check". Doing this strict meal plan at the very beginning will only confuse you and set you up to fail. Learn the plan first then after a few months your loss stalls or you need a boost then do a Fuel Cycle. Hope that explains it

      Delete
    2. I would imagine starting with a Fuel Cycle would discourage because it is much harder than the plan. I wonder how many Mamas don't have to ever use a FC?? Gwen's Nest (mentioned on an earlier blog post) has a great quick start guide that has baby steps to begin THM. Many blessings on your journey :)

      Delete
    3. pgraf12, You need to start with the plan. This is a VERY hard week for us. It is worth it, but I am SOOOOO glad I didn't start this way. I would have quit and cheated a hundred times over! This is only for stubborn weight. Trust me, you need to read books completely and study the plan. Then you need to chose meals to do it. Start the way the sisters say to, baby steps! Yes, Gwens has the BEST Quick start guide!! Use that to start! NOT THIS! Please!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being an amazing blessing for so many other women! Praying God continues to pour out His love, joy, health and blessings upon you and your family!!!
    With love as a sister in Christ!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for being an amazing blessing for so many other women! Praying God continues to pour out His love, joy, health and blessings upon you and your family!!!
    With love as a sister in Christ!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So when you say a deep S for day one, is that for all day deep dishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is Deep S for one whole day, but different than just Deep S. If you read about it in the book it has different rules for a FCW. Like no cheese. In most other deep s dishes you can have cheese, but for this week no cheese. You can see what they say about it in the book.

      Delete