Friday, April 29, 2016

Menu 1

As promised, I am posting my first Menu! I am trying to set it up so that it's easy to read! It will be posted as a Google Spreadsheet. I will write it out in the post as well, but will have a place for you to easily access it and print it up. This was my first ever THM menu from a few months back!!

Just to explain why the menu looks as it does. Each meal has two sections: All the regular meals are THM, Kid's meals are not THM. It's how I set up my menus so I know what to feed hubby and I, and then the kiddos!

Every Sunday we have a big Meal. It usually consists of a roast of some kind, lots of veggies, and rice or taters for the kids. I know Roast is vague, but it's different depending on what I can get cheapest that week, or if beef is on sale!!

If you are craving Chocolate cake or brownie and are really struggling, make that Volcano Mudslide Muffin in a cup! I am very serious!! It has helped me many times when I just want to buy a big brownie, donut, or etc and shove it into my face!! Lol!! This is good stuff!! I just take some heavy cream and gentle sweet and blend it to whip it. I just add a dollop to the top and add some crushed up frozen raspberries!! It is wonderful!!!!!

Things to know:

LO- Left Over
LCC- Laughing Cow Cheese

A few of the recipes on this menu come from the Big Book, the first one the sisters wrote.

Morning Quinoa (pg 226-227) is just soaking your quinoa over night in water and splash of apple cider vinegar. Then you pour off the water until you get about a scant of water above the quinoa. Then you bring to a boil, simmer with lid for 10 mins. Remove from heat and leave lid on for 5 mins more.

Basic Quiche- (pg 319) remember in Big Book
Oil baking dish. I usually use 2 pie dishes. I make a veggie and bacon one for us big folks and then a meat one for kiddos. Once dish oiled add 2 cups cheese and variety of veggies and meats. This will be an S meal!! Once you have all your filling stuff in, season with your choice seasonings. We like some garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Then just whisk up about 12 eggs per pie dish. Yep! It's a whole lotta eggs! For us we use 2 dz per breakfast, that's 9 people eating! You can use less eggs if you want, but we always use 12. Bake at 350 for 40sih minutes. You can add sliced toms with a sprinkle of pepper and parm on the top before baking, adds color and flavor.

I believe the rest of the recipes are from the new cookbook. I have put the page numbers on the actual menu so it is easier when trying to cook!!

Here you go:

Menu 1 with Grocery List

I will put together a grocery list, spreadsheet, but won't put amounts to buy. I am buying for 9 people. So you will need to determine how much you need of each item. Also, the grocery list is only for the THM menu part of things, it doesn't include the kid's menu items. If you are a smaller family than 7 kids, I would suggest making the portions they list in the cookbook if you want left overs.  Many of these meals freeze well!! Maybe at some point I will be able to list exactly what I buy and how much it costs my family.

Also, if a meal seems small, check your portions. We Americans have a false perception of the amount of food we "need" for our bodies. Eat lots of veggies, but have a normal portion of meats and grains. The book does give portion sizes. Meat is usually 3 or 4 oz and grains are around 3/4 cup for e-meals. Fill yourself with salads and yummy veggies!

I hope that this helps some of you! This entire menu is No Special Ingredients!! The only ingredient that is NOT a a basic normal ingredient is the flax meal and the THM Baking blend. I have used a 1:1:1 ratio of almond flour, coconut flour, and flax meal and find the 2 muffins I have on menu work fine. They are just single muffins in a cup.

Please post a comment if you have questions or if something is unclear! Thanks!!
God Bless,
Robin




6 comments:

  1. Hi Robin, Im looking for the printable version of your meal plan but i dont see it. By the way this is wonderful and thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to click on the word "here" when she says "here is the printable menu..."

      Delete
    2. Hey there, I was on my phone earlier. When I got home I updated and changed it. There is a place that you can actually click on it now. It says "Menu 1 with Grocery List". Hope that is more helpful!

      Delete
  2. When you say a 1:1:1 ratio are you using like a tablespoon? This is to replace the thm baking blend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kayla,
      I just mix up a batch of 1 cup of each. Then just use the amt of baking blend called for. So if recipe calls for 1T Baking mix, I use 1T of my mix. Hope that helps. I have used this in single serve muffins, not much else as if yet.
      Hope it helps!
      Robin

      Delete